BSUPA Level 1 Instructor
Become an BSUPA Level 1 Instructor and start a career inspiring and teaching the next generation. A 2-day instructor training course – you will learn and practice effective communication styles and teaching methods. We will also help you with your personal SUP technique and paddle strokes. The course includes BSUPA manuals and certification.
Candidates should have a basic knowledge of SUP ideally have a BSUPA “Ready To Ride Card”. Instructors will be expected to demonstrate; short paddle stroke, slow and fast, and recovery stroke
This course is for individuals aged 18 +
Instructor Candidate Pre requisites:
- Current member of BSUPA
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (Inland only option available if Powerboat certificate is not required)
- Minimum age 18
- Valid First Aid qualification
- Riding ability, competent on a range of boards – be able to demo-short paddle strokes, step back and reverse paddle turns- board 360s body 360s foot and paddle steering, basics push turns and paddle boarding in reverse
- Minimum 40 hours SUP experience before course
- Shadow teaching will be required before certificates are issued
- Students without any previous water sports teaching experience or qualifications will be required to ghost qualified BSUPA instructors before certificates are issued.
BSUPA Level 2 Instructor
Two day Instructor course that allows a the instructor to teach – Ready to Tour /Tour Experience/Born to Ride /Born to Race /Born to Tour to students. This includes a senior instructor element to do with managing a BSUPA school and other instructors and is required in each BSUPA Recognised School.
- 100 Hours as a level 1 instructor
- BSUPA Level 1 Instructor Certificate;
- Minimum age 18 only.
- Riding ability, competent on a range of boards
- Current member of BSUPA.
- Display a good level fitness
- Good knowledge of different locations/conditions
- Has experience basic level racing or tours